The flower beds in Corlett Court in Foxwood were refurbished earlier in the year. Unfortunately, during the recent dry spell, one bed was taken taken over by a particularly pernicious form of weed. The weeds had strangled growth of the Lavender plants that had been cultivated.
Thanks to “Good Gym” for removing the weed then replanting the lavender and other low level plants.
18 bags of weeds were removed together with a bag of rubbish.
Great work by “Good Gym” who make a real difference to the appearance of our City
Judging takes place on Friday of the annual Foxwood Garden contest. Entries are still being accepted.
The results will be announced at the Community Garden open day which is taking place on Sunday.
The early indications are that many gardeners are successfully overcoming the challenging “dry” conditions
Activities for younger people held at the Foxwood Park over the Easter break have proved to be popular The event was organised by teh York Knights Rugby Foundation and was sponsored by the local Ward Committees.
Counciillors Sheena Jackson and Andrew Waller welcome the skateboard park to Foxwood
Westfield Councillor Sheena Jackson and Dringhouses counterpart Stephen Fenton join in the rugby session on the Foxwood Park
Several changes to bus timings take effect from Sunday. For full details click here
The 12 service to/from Foxwood is affected with the terminus stop now on Bellhouse Way. It is hoped that this will reduce bus parking conflicts near the Foxwood shops. The actual route is unchanged.
12/14 Monks Cross – York – Foxwood Lane
- Buses retimed 5-10 minutes earlier into York
- The evening journeys that terminated at Elmfield Avenue now extended to Monks Cross
- All of the buses from Monks Cross now go via the Monks Cross shops
- The services that previously terminated at Elmfield Avenue extended to Monks Cross (request of customers and drivers)
- To prevent congestion at Foxwood Lane shops we’ve changed the last stop to Bellhouse Way (the start of the loop)