Submissions for the high profile city-wide event must be submitted by Friday 19 October. The winners will be announced at the ceremony held at the Grand Opera House on 27 November.
Led by City of York Council in partnership with The Guilds of York and training providers, the annual York Apprenticeship Graduation and Awards Ceremony has been a growing success.
Over the last year over 1400 York employees have benefited from apprenticeship training as businesses have created jobs and taken on new apprentice recruits or supported the professional development of their existing staff.
There are five categories for the awards:
- Apprentice of the Year aged 16-24 (Smaller Employer)
- Apprentice of the Year aged 16-24 (Larger Employer)
- Apprentice of the Year aged 25 or over
- Smaller Employer of the Year (<100 employees)
- Larger Employer of the Year (>100 employees)
Last year’s apprentice winners were Sam Sugden (Electrical Engineering with Anderson Green Ltd), Joe Boothman (Business Administration in Public Health at City of York Council) and Lee Russell (Agricultural Business Management at RG Brader). Employer winners were Fera Science Ltd and The Smile Rooms. (more…)