The UK’s largest festival of classical music written before 1750 takes the theme of Innovation as its inspiration for 2019.
Taking the festival’s usual magical mix of music and historic venues together with illustrated lectures, talks and opportunities to meet new friends, this year’s festival artists include
- Alamire directed by David Skinner (St Michael le Belfrey Church);
- The Sixteen directed by Harry Christophers (York Minster);
- Prince Harry’s wedding soprano Elin Manahan Thomas (St Lawrence Church, York);
- the acclaimed Belgian vocal ensemble Vox Luminis (Chapter House, York Minster)
- the Italian/Jewish Ensemble Lucidarium presenting a fascinating programme of music associated with the greatest innovator of all – Leonardo da Vinci