Not often that we agree with the Daily Mail and government Ministers but they’ve got this right.
Communities need open spaces, outdoor sports facilities, green parks and amenity areas.
The York Council has a lamentable recent record in the Westfield area at least.
- Our Lady’s school playing field – Gone
- Lowfields sportsfield – Going
- Acomb Bowling Green – Doomed
- Kingsway kickabout area – Condemned
- Hob Moor school playing field – Shrinking
….and that in the ward with the largest proportion of obese children in the City and the lowest life expectancy.