Fourteen addition positive test results announced today. Brings cumulative total up to 12,463. Thirteen positive test results were found last Thursday (3rd June). That is the highest single day number recorded since 25th March
The number of cases has reduced by one to 55 today
The rate /100k population figures is now 26.1. It is expected to rise to over 28.5 during the next few days
The current priority continues to be on administering second jabs. It is likely that the recommended interval between first and second vaccinations will be reduced from 12 to 8 weeks.
Nationally, the media are saying that the availability of first jabs may be extended to over 25’s sometime this week.
- 4410 PCR tests were completed during the week ending 31st May 2021
- Of these, 1.3% were positive. That is more than the 1.2% positive found during the previous period.
- The “positivity rate” has risen from a low of 0.4% recorded on 19th May, to more than three times that figure today
- 1575 “lateral flow” tests conducted on 4th May.
The York Council is being asked to provide more information on the nature of the positive test results being found. In particular, the age groups of those infected, whether they are displaying any symptoms, whether any have had one of two doses of vaccine and – in the light of the increased numbers of children who have been found to be infected this week – what special arrangements have been made to ensure that the return to school next week is conducted safely.
With a further easing of restrictions still likely later in the month, the meeting below may review in some detail what “track and trace” responses tell us about where cross infections are most likely to be occurring,
Outbreak Management Board meeting
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 19 May 2021 PDF 141 KB
- Emergency Response Hubs PDF 274 KB View item 3. as HTML 25 KB
- Presentation: Current Covid-19 Situation in York
- Communications Update PDF 3 MB
- Update from Sub-Group: Universities and Higher Education Establishments PDF 396 KB View item 6. as HTML 10 KB
- Progress Report: Recommendations of LGA Peer Challenge of Outbreak Management Plan (for information only) PDF 200 KB View item 7. as HTML 14 KB Additional documents: Item 6A – Delivery Plan – recommendations LGA Peer Challenge Outbreak Management Plan , item 7. PDF 351 KB View as HTML (7./2)18 KB
- Items for Next Agenda
- Dates of Future Meetings
- Any Other Business