The Council is being recommended to continue to subsidise several bus services in York. The services serve either remote areas or provide services at times of the day when commercial services don’t run.
Tenders to continue services were sought earlier in the year.
The affected series are
- 10 Evening Poppleton – City Centre – Dunnington Stamford Bridge
- 11 Evening Bishopthorpe – South Bank – Stonebow
- 12 Daytime Stonebow – Heworth – Monks Cross
- 14 Evening Foxwood – City Centre / New Earswick – Haxby West Nooks
- 19 Daytime Skelton – Clifton & Rawcliffe – Exhibition Square
- 20 Daytime Rawcliffe – Clifton Moor & Haxby – Monks Cross / Osbaldwick
- 21 Daytime Colton – Acaster Malbis & Bishopthorpe – Foss Islands
- 24 Daytime Ascot Way (Acomb) – Acomb & Holgate – Piccadilly
- 25 Daytime Derwenthorpe – Foss Islands – Crossfield Crescent (Fulford)
- 26 Daytime Crossfield Crescent (Fulford) – City Centre – South Bank
- 26 Fri/Sat eve Piccadilly – Crossfield Crescent (Fulford)
There is a question mark against the evening link (new service 15) between Stonebow and Monks Cross but officials hope to sustain the service in some way.
If approved the cost of subsidising bus services in the City will rise to £3/4 million.
The full report can be read by clicking here
A decision is expected on 18th July.