Plans for Centre of Excellence for Disabled Children
Residents are being invited to give their views at a Westfield ward meeting being held on 15th January 2018. The meeting is being held at Hob Moor school with the Windsor House item being discussed from 7:30pm
No details are given of access arrangements. There are concerns that any intensification of the use of the Windsor House site on Ascot Way, would exacerbate traffic congestion and parking problems in the area.
A decision on whether to proceed with the centre idea is due to be taken at a Council executive meeting being held on 25th January 2018
A special website gives more details of the disability centre plans.
Disability Centre of Excellence Monthly Updates
What we have done
- Final feasibility design, layout and site options have been presented by Gilling Dod Architects to a group of key staff, managers, parent / carers and partner agencies.
- A potential land option for the Centre of Excellence has been agreed by Council Executive in December. This is the site of Windsor House Older Person Accommodation, which is planned to close. This land is adjacent to the Hob Moor Oaks Special School playing fields. Discussions are taking place with Hob Moor Federation of Schools about co locating part of the new provision and its outdoor amenities and space on some of the surplus playing field land.
- A report is being prepared for the Council Executive meeting on 25th January 2018. This report will ask Elected Members to commit the capital needed to build a Centre of Excellence for Disabled Children and their families and seek agreement for the preferred site layout
- The report also contains information about how staffing roles and structures will develop in the future in order to deliver a new way of working within a Centre of Excellence.
What we plan to do next
- We will communicate the decision following the meeting on 25th January to parent /carers, staff and partner agencies.
- If there is agreement to progress the project to an implementation phase, we will continue to adopt a co production approach of involving parent /carer, staff, children and young people and partner agencies in each stage of the future development.
- Finally, hope you all have a great Christmas and new year. Thank you all for your time, energy, enthusiasm, ideas and input that has helped shape and develop this project to the stage we are at now.
How you can be involved
Please send ideas, questions, feedback to email@example.com
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep checking web pages for the latest information and areas that we are working on that we want feedback on