With a YOzone card you can travel on many buses within the York area at a reduced fare. In addition to this, you will be entitled to lots of great discounts from retailers throughout the York area.
The YOzone 11-16 card is available free to any young person currently in secondary education (up to the age of 16) who lives or studies in the City of York Council area. Cards are valid until 31st August after your 16th birthday.
The new YOzone 16-18 card is available free to any young person aged 16-18 who lives or studies in the City of York Council area.
If you are 16 years old and currently in Year 11, you should apply for a YOzone 11-16 card to receive the best possible fares for the remainder of the school year.
A £7.50 fee is charged for the replacement of lost cards. Stolen cards will be replaced free of charge on production of a valid police crime reference number.
What bus fares are available to YOzone cardholders?
The following bus companies offer reduced fare travel to YOzone cardholders on journeys within the City of York boundary:
|Bus company||YOzone 11-16 fare||YOzone 16-18 fare|
|Arriva||Half adult fare.||Half adult fare.|
|Coastliner (Transdev York)||80p single journey tickets.||80p single journey tickets (other fares one-third off adult price).|
|Connexions||Half adult fare.||–|
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Half adult fare.||10% discount with EYMS card.|
|First||80p single journey tickets, £2 day ticket, £7 weekly ticket.||Maximum £1.30 single journey tickets, £3 day ticket, £10 weekly ticket.|
|Reliance Motor Services||Half adult fare.||–|
|Stephenson’s||Half adult fare.||–|
|All York bus companies||£2.30 off-peak day ticket (All York Young Person’s Day).||–|
Applying for a card
- Apply in person at West Offices customer centre. Bring proof of age- we’ll take your photo free of charge.
- We normally visit most York schools and colleges during September/October. Check with your school or college at the start of Autumn term to find out when we’ll be there.
YOzone application forms are available from most York secondary schools, libraries and council reception areas. Alternatively you can download the form and post it back to us.
You will need to send your completed form with a passport-sized photograph and proof of your age to YOzone, City of York Council, Freepost (YO239), York YO1 7ZZ. We will normally process your application within 5 working days.
Temporary YOzone cards are no longer valid- all successful applicants from September/October should now have received their new card. If you applied for a card before 1st November and have not received it, please call (01904) 551670.
In addition to reduced-fare bus travel, there are lots of other great offers available to YOzone card holders:
Bank’s Music (Lendal)
- 10% discount on all sheet music and accessories.
McDonalds (Blake Street, Monks Cross, Clifton Moor & Colton)
- Any one of the following: Big Mac, 6 Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Sandwich, Filet o’ Fish, Quarter Pounder, PLUS fries for £1.99
N12 Hair Design (Feasegate)
- 25% off any ladies’ cut or colour
- 20% off any gents’ cut
- FREE conditioning treatment with a Cut & Finish
Pizza Hut (Clifford Street & Pavement)
- 10% off all meals (excluding Buffet and Meal Deals)
REEL Cinema (Blossom Street)
- Student discount applies for cardholders aged 15 or over. For current cinema listings please see the REEL website.
Subway (Pavement, Feasegate & Clifford Street)
- Buy any 6” or 12” Sub and get a small drink FREE.
Tenpin Bowling (Clifton Moor)
- Buy one game at full price and get one game FREE for cardholder + up to 5 friends.
- Offer applies all day Mondays to Thursdays, before 6pm on Fridays and after 6pm on Sundays.
- Offer not valid on Saturdays.
Viking Loom (High Petergate)
- 10% off all full-price items purchased in store.
- Offer not valid for web purchases or instructional classes.
- See the Viking Loom website for product details.
Vue Cinema (Clifton Moor)
- Student discount applies for cardholders aged 15 or over.
You will also receive discounts at council leisure centres:
All offers are subject to retailers’ terms and conditions. Offers may be added or withdrawn without prior notice.