It appears that the signs intended to discourage short cutting through Knapton have remained in place. This is somewhat confusing for motorists.
Many services affected including number 4
Disruption to all traffic, including bus services, is expected during various works in January-March 2018.
Temporary lights will be in place at the Piccadilly/Pavement junction for 4 weeks from Mon 8th Jan during utility works.Monks Cross Park & Ride will move from its temporary stop at Pavement to another temporary stop on Stonebow (beyond the mini-roundbout) during this time.
Work to upgrade all traffic signals and pedestrian crossings at Lendal Arch Gyratory is likely to cause delays to all services from Mon 22nd January for up to 9 weeks. During this time, the following bus diversions will be in place:
- Services 3 (Askham Bar P&R), 4 and 59 (Poppleton Bar P&R) heading towards York will divert via Nunnery Lane. Passengers for York Rail Station should alight at Blossom Street. All usual pick-up stops in the city centre will be served.
- Services 45, 46, 196 and 747 will terminate and start at Piccadilly (45/46) or Merchantgate (196/747). Station Rd, Rougier St, Micklegate and Low Ousegate will not be served – please also see diversions for 29th Jan-9th Feb below.
- Service 9 (Monks Cross P&R) will terminate and start at Clifford Street TG. Rougier Street and Micklegate will not be served.
- Service 66 heading towards the University will pick up at Rougier Street CA and Rail Station RG (opposite side of the road from usual) then divert via Nunnery Lane and Skeldergate Bridge. Buses will pick up from Merchantgate PC as usual.
- Service 181 will terminate and start at Stonebow. Station Ave, Rougier St, Micklegate and Low Ousegate will not be served.
- Cityzap will terminate and start at York Rail Station. Rougier St, Micklegate, Low Ousegate and Stonebow will not be served.
Piccadilly will be closed to all southbound traffic from Monday 29 Jan for 2 weeks during utility works. During this time, the following bus diversions will be in place:
- Service 8 (Grimston Bar P&R) will divert via Lawrence St, Walmgate and St Denys’ Rd, terminating at Piccadilly PD (outside former Banana Warehouse). Buses to Grimston Bar will depart from Piccadilly PD instead of PB. James Street and Morrison’s will not be served.
- Services 10, X46 and X47 towards Stamford Bridge/Hull will divert via Clifford Street TG. Piccadilly PA and Walmgate will not be served. Buses towards Poppleton and York Station will follow their normal route.
- Service 16 and X36 will take a different route between Micklegate and Piccadilly, but will continue to pick up passengers from all the usual stops.
- Service 24, 25, 26 will stop at Clifford Street TG instead of Piccadilly PA. Buses towards Derwenthorpe, Acomb and South Bank will use their usual stops at Piccadilly PE/PF.
- Services 45 and 46 will terminate at Piccadilly PF and start at Clifford St TG. Station Road, Rougier Street, Micklegate, Low Ousegate, Piccadilly PA and Walmgate (outbound) will not be served.
Highway improvement works on the A19 at Germany Beck and Crockey Hill will also take place between January and March. The exit of Wheldrake Lane onto the A19 will be closed until Sunday 28th January. Services 18 and 36 heading towards York will divert via Escrick. School buses will not need to divert.
Please allow extra time for your journeys during this period.
Stonebow stops SA, SB and SC are closed until early 2018 due to major refurbishment works at Stonebow House.
- All services will use the temporary stops at the Peasholme Green end of Stonebow, between the junctions with Garden Place and Hungate.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|
|Stephenson’s of Easingwold||Latest News||@stephensonbus|
|Location:||Skeldergate/Clifford Street and Nether Poppleton|
|Dates:||7 Dec 2015|
From Blossom Street buses will divert via Nunnery Lane, Prices Lane, Bishopgate Street, Tower Street then as normal route.
Skeldergate and Clifford Street Flooding
Buses will follow normal route to Railway Station, where they will terminate, returning by turning at Station Road.
Nether Poppleton Flooding
Buses will divert in Poppleton as follows;
From Millfield Lane left on to Ebor Way, right onto Alllerton Drive, Riversvale Drive, left on to Main Street, then as normal route. Wait time at Upper Poppleton Green.
Clifton Green/Leeman Road Flooding
From Poppleton, buses will divert from Boroughbridge Road via Poppleton Road, Holgate Road, Blossom Street, Queen Street, Station Road, then as normal route.
To Poppleton, buses will divert from Rougier Street via Station Road, Railway Station, Queen Street, Blossom Street, Holgate Road, Poppleton Road, then as normal route.
Stamford Bridge Flooding
Buses will divert from Dunnington as follows; From Greyhound crossroads, left on to Common Road, left on to A1079, leftonto Long Lane, bear right Lofthouse Lane, follow road round, High Catton Road, to Stamford Bridge Terminus.
Returning; via Roman Avenue loop, left High Catton Road, Lofthouse Lane, Long Lane, right on to A1079, right on to Common Road, left at Greyhound crossroads, then as normal route.