Community groups and residents are invited to celebrate the launch of www.livewellyork.co.uk, a city-wide source of high-quality information and advice, at venues around the city on Thursday 14 March.
The Live Well York website promotes opportunities for residents to enjoy healthy, active and independent lives and supports our commitment to early help and prevention, and to help people live independently and well.
Having been in development for a year, Live Well York is being used by over 1,000 people every month and is now launching formally. It offers residents:
- some 800 community activities
- an events calendar with around 70 events posted each month
- over 100 volunteering opportunities
- a Service and Products directory with over 80 services listed
- 750 reviews with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5.
Developed by a partnership of City of York Council, York CVS, Explore York, Age UK York, Healthwatch York and Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, the website offers links to good quality information and advice on topics from travel, housing, caring, money and legal matters.
To prevent information being duplicated, the website navigates people to other sites such as Healthwatch York’s Mental Health directory, the Young Person’s Survival Guide, a map of the council’s community hubs and AccessAble’s accessibility information.
Future and further improvements to Live Well York include:
- a sports and active leisure directory
- improved accessibility with Easy Read pages
- training and work experience opportunities
- including information for care homes on how to set up activities
- growing the number of partners to ensure a joined-up approach to providing good quality information and advice.
Find out more about what the website can offer you, or how you can contribute to it at https://www.livewellyork.co.uk/