The York Council has published a list of individuals that it has had to take legal action against between 1st April and 30th September.
A report explains what action was taken and explains why cautions were issued in some cases.
The list includes
- 6 cases where cafes breached Food safety and hygiene regulations and were prosecuted plus another 6 cases where cautions were issued
- 3 cases under trading standards legislation
- 3 more serious fraud cases
- 134 cases where Council house tenants were prosecuted for breaches of tenancy conditions (mainly anti-social behaviour with costs awarded varying up to £357 per tenant)
- 108 cases where evictions form Council properties was sought because of rent arrears.
- 6 other cases where possession of a council house was sought including a case of non occupation
Perhaps surprisingly no mention is made of any Fixed Penalties Notices issued to dog owners who did not clean up after their pets.
The report will be discussed on 19th January