There were no surprises when the route that the Tour de France will take though York was revealed today in Paris.
The route will start from the Racecourse on Sunday 6th July taking in the City centre before leaving the City via Bootham, Clifton Bridge and Boroughbridge Road and making its way to Harrogate and Sheffield.
York taxpayers are already set to get a bill for over £1.4 million for the stage two depart event.
This time is it was Cllr Tracey Simpson Laing, who represents the Acomb Ward, who took the opportunity to top up her air miles.
The trip came only a couple of days after the Council decided to scrap 12 self help salt bins in the Acomb ward (see list below)
These bins would have cost £600 to fill with salt this winter.
NB. Co-incidentally, the cost of 2 airline tickets from Leeds/Bradford to Paris return is around £500. Eurostar is a bit cheaper.
The Acomb Ward salt bins being scrapped by the Council are located at:
1. BECKFIELD LANE JCN OLD SCHOOL WALK
2. BECKFIELD LANE O/S 15 NEAR SAINSBURYS
3. BECKFIELD LANE OUTSIDE POST OFFICE
4. BOROUGHBRIDGE ROAD JCN PLANTATION DRIVE
5. BRIAR AVENUE JCN WETHERBY ROAD O/S 85
6. CHESTNUT GROVE JCN GRANGER AVENUE
7. GRANGER AVENUE O/S NO 15
8. JORVIK CLOSE O/S NO 2
9. LOW POPPLETON LANE O/S GLOBAL YORK
10. OSTMAN ROAD ENTRANCE TO CARR JUNIOR SCHOOL
11. OUSEBURN AVENUE JCN BECKFIELD LANE
12. PRINCESS DRIVE JCN BOROUGHBRIDGE ROAD