From Sunday 29 September the following fares will apply on First buses in York:
• • York FirstWeek reduced to £12.00 (from £16) – a 25% cut and a saving of £4
• • York FirstMonth reduced to £44 (from £53) – a saving of £9 and now monthly (rather than for four weeks)
• • York FirstAnnual reduced to £440 (from £583) – a saving of £143
• • A new minimum single fare of £1 – meaning all York customers have access to a £1 single fare to somewhere in York
• • York FirstDay prices frozen (£3.70)
First say, “In the summer we talked extensively to our customers and partners in York and have listened to what they have said to us. Value for money was one of the major points raised and with this range of lower and more attractive fares we are giving both new and existing customers the chance to save money when they use First buses on a regular basis.
For those customers who plan ahead there are a range of savings to be made on our week, month and annual tickets. We have also looked at our single ticket structure and have offered some new cheaper fares from just £1 and will publish widely for the first time our simplified single fares structure to encourage new bus users to try the bus.
Our key message, and it came out of the public consultation, is that we should be fair. Some singles are going up but the increases are capped at 20p, while some singles are being reduced by as much as 70p. When people do have increases on singles many will still have an opportunity to pay less by buying a different type of ticket”.